Dear Philadelphia YMF Members,
In June we transitioned from the 2022-2023 ASCE YMF Board to the 2023-2024 Board. I am excited to see existing board members take on new roles and responsibilities and to welcome in our new board members: Emma Youngs (Gannet Fleming), Laurel Welch (Urban Engineers), James Stanton (TPD), Dan Bhaumik (Sam Schwartz), Ayesha Hassan (Michael Baker), and Tony Ableman (T&M Associates).
The ASCE YMF is such an amazing organization and I am excited to lead such an excellent board of 25 civil engineers.
As we look forward for the year ahead, my main goals are to:
1. Foster an inclusive environment for new friendships to form! The best part of networking is making real friends within the industry that we will grow and lead together throughout our careers.
2. Continue to feed the pipeline from the student chapters to the YMF. Adapt and change as member preferences change.
3. Make sure we are learning from each other and the projects we are working on, it is fun to nerd out together!
4. Collaborate with other professional development organizations to meet new people and share ideas.
1. Outreach Committee – Assist in planning outreach events, attend outreach events, provide ideas for outreach events.
2. Communication Committee – QC email blasts, newsletters, and the annual report. Provide ideas for social media campaigns.
3. Events Committee – Assist in planning events including contacting venues, event preparation and setup. Provide event ideas.
4. JEDI Committee – Help plan JEDI events and focus on creating an inclusive environment.
We have so many amazing events this year, I cannot wait to see you there!
Kirsten Brown, PE
President, ASCE Philadelphia YMF
Read Past Presidents' Messages